Sapphire Consulting is pleased to present Certification Workshops on Emotional Intelligence through the application of the Emotional Quotient Inventory, or EQ-i 2.0®. Jim Kimberly, MSW, is a Certified EQi -2.0® Trainer by Multi-Health Systems (MHS) and offers an informative and effective program to learn about using the EQ-i 2.0® in your organization, business, or clinical practice. Successful participants are certified by MHS to purchase and administer the EQ-i 2.0® and EQ-360®.
The EQ-i 2.0® (developed by Reuven BarOn, Ph.D in 1997 and enhanced by MHS in 2011) has been used by over one million individuals worldwide, making the EQ-i 2.0® the first scientifically developed and validated measure of emotional intelligence. It measures one’s ability to deal with daily environmental pressures and demands. A growing body of research also suggests that emotional intelligence is a better predictor of success in life than cognitive intelligence (IQ). (For more research see www.eiconsortium.org).
EQ-i 2.0® Certification Workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals who work in the areas of human resources, recruitment, employee relations, organizational development, executive development, and clinicians. As part of becoming a certified user of the EQ-i 2.0® & EQ-360®, you will learn first hand how to make optimal use of this emotional intelligence tool in your organization or area of practice.
Applications of the EQ-i 2.0®
The EQi® is highly versatile as it can be employed in various settings and situations. It is appropriate in:
- Corporate training & development
- Employee selection and/or development
- Clinical, counseling, educational, and medical settings
- Assessment of potential for success
- Assessment of psychological and social strengths and weaknesses
What Does the EQ-i 2.0® Measure?
The EQ-i 2.0® measures fifteen distinct aspects of emotional and social functioning within five major areas:
Self-Perception – understanding your emotions
- Self-Regard – confidence
- Self-Actualization – continuous development
- Emotional Self-Awareness – understanding my emotions
Self-Expression – expressing your emotions
- Emotional Expression – saying how you feel
- Assertiveness – standing up for yourself effectively
- Independence – standing on your own two feet
Interpersonal – develop and maintain relationships
- Interpersonal Relationships – developing and maintaining good relationships
- Empathy – recognizing and appreciating how others feel
- Social Responsibility – contributing to society
Decision Making – use emotions to make better decisions
- Problem Solving – effectively managing emotions when solving problems
- Reality Testing – seeing things as they really are
- Impulse Control – ability to resist or delay impulses
Stress Management – cope with challenges
- Flexibility – adapting to change effectively
- Stress Tolerance – successfully coping with stressful situations
- Optimism – having a positive outlook
How Can the EQ-i 2.0® be used?
The EQ-i 2.0® can be employed in many ways and in a variety of settings. It is appropriate for use in corporate, educational, and research settings. Potential users of the EQ-i 2.0® include human resources professionals, organizational development consultants and career counselors.
It can be employed in identifying those emotional and social skills that are important to develop in leadership coaching, leadership development programs, team building, and in enhancing managerial competencies at work. The EQ-i 2.0® can also be used by organizations for screening as part of the recruiting or promotional process to aid in identifying potentially successful employees.
Research indicates that there is a strong correlation between emotional intelligence and job performance. You can even create a profile of the top performers in your organization to determine what skills are most valuable in your company or for any particular position.
Skills associated with emotional intelligence develop throughout life and can be improved through training, making the EQ-i 2.0® a valuable instrument for identifying potential areas for improvement and for measuring the effectiveness of organizational development programs.
- You get an overall EQ-i 2.0® result, as well as individual results for each component
- You will receive an individualized feedback session with an EQ-i 2.0® certified consultant on your results and what they mean
- Your report includes strategies to further develop your emotional intelligence and a development plan template to help you make your commitment real
- Improving your Emotional Intelligence will not only help you be more successful at work, but outside of work too!
What will I gain from the EQ-i 2.0® workshops?
- American Psychological Association Continuing Education: 14.5 Credits*
- International Coach Federation: CCE credits*: 9.25 in Core Competencies and 6.75 in Resource Development
- Qualification to purchase and administer the EQ-i 2.0® and EQ-360®
- Understanding of use in recruitment, selection and development
- Effectiveness in giving developmental feedback
- Knowledge and tools to present on the topic of Emotional Intelligence and EQ-i 2.0®
- Familiarization with all aspects of the instrument for effective and responsible use
*Multi Health Systems (www.mhs.com) is responsible for this program and its contents. Please verify continuing education credits before enrolling with Sapphire Consulting by calling MHS at 1-800-456-3003.
EQ-i 2.0® Certification Learning Agenda
- E-learning modules 1 and 2
- Take the assessment
- Receive one-on-one feedback
- Attend in-class portion to cover remaining modules
- Take online exam
- Complete online feedback survey
Overall Training Objectives
By the end of the certification program you will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence and its importance
- Describe the components of the EQ-i 2.0® including defining composite scales and subscales
- Understand the science behind the EQ-i 2.0®
- Administer the EQ-i 2.0®
- Interpret an EQ-i 2.0® assessment
- Follow a structured approach to preparing for a feedback session
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an effective assessment feedback
- Explain the benefits of EI to their client groups
- Describe how EI applies to different disciplines
- Identify resources available post-certification
- Assess which report type is appropriate for their client
- Multiple choice, based on all modules
- Online, to be taken after in-class portion
- You will have 2 hours to complete the exam
- Once complete, obtain results:
- Must obtain minimum of 70% in order to be certified to administer the EQ-i 2.0®
- If pass, you will be prompted to complete the feedback survey and print out your certificate
- If not, trainer will connect with you to coach you on areas that you are struggling with and then your profile will be reset to take the exam again
- Module 1: Overview of Emotional Intelligence and the EQ-i 2.0 model
- Module 2: Psychometrics: The Science behind the EQ-i 2.0
- Module 6: Planning and Administration (online module including information on report and portal features)
In Class Module 1: Opening and Review
- Logistics, introductions, etc
- Review of Model, Composite scales, subscales
In Class Module 2: Elements of EQ-i2.0: Subscales in Action
- Subscale review
- Relationships between subscales
In Class Module 3: Interpretation and Giving Feedback
- Longest module: mostly application
- Profile interpretations
- Giving effective feedback
In Class Module 4: Getting Buy-In
- Steps to getting buy-in
- Dealing with resistance
- Internal vs. external consultant
- Comparing EQ-i 2.0 to other assessments
Material: Training Kits
- One Workplace Report per participant
- User’s manual (online)
- EQ Edge (when available)
The EQ-360® Learning Agenda
The EQi® self-report identifies the level of an individual’s interpersonal functioning based on his or her own responses. The EQ-360® is a multi-rater assessment which probes further by having those who work closely with the individual provide information about them as well. The objective of the EQ-360® is to combine external impressions of a client’s emotional functioning with the client’s self-report for a complete picture.
The Multirater Feedback Report highlights key employee strengths and impediments to high performance, along with areas that could be further developed for optimum functioning. The EQ-360® assessment can also be used to follow up and measure progress where formal coaching has been employed as a development strategy.
The EQ-360® Certification Course Topics
This course focuses on helping participants to become comfortable, confident, and competent in their use of the EQ-360®. EQi® certification is a prerequisite for this training workshop. The workshop will cover understanding the assessment, interpretation, and feedback. The workshop activities are listed below.
- Discover the instrument’s background
- Understand the report components
- Interpret cases
- Learn the principles of ethical test administration
- Prepare for and practice feedback
- Discuss the differences between the EQi® and EQ-360 scales
This course is recommended for professionals in the areas of executive coaching, recruitment, human resources, employee development, organizational development, management training, and counseling.
People who attend the EQ-360® Certification Course:
- Become comfortable, confident, and competent in EQ-360® administration and interpretation
- Engage in hands-on experience in a highly interactive, informal, dynamic atmosphere
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the instrument for effective and responsible use
- Learn enhanced skills to provide feedback to employees and/or clients
- Practice applying the instruments with real-world corporate examples
- Gain more confidence in making educated and informed decisions about employees and/or clients
- Obtain a qualification certificate to purchase the EQ-360® assessment from MultiHealth Systems
Dates and Locations
The EQ-360 Certification Course is offered as an additional program to the pre-requisite EQi® certification. For dates and locations of all EQ-360® Certification Courses, please see EQi Certification Overview or call (603) 889-1099.
At the Workshop
All courses offer a lunch, as well as refreshments at afternoon breaks.
During the workshop, participants learn about the psychometric properties of the EQ-360® observer report, as well as how to effectively administer, interpret, and give feedback for the assessment. These skills are practiced by using real-world corporate case studies. You will receive an EQ-360 Technical Manual and other tools to help in your interpretation of results.
Our 2 Day training session will enable you to:
- Become knowledgeable about EQ-i 2.0® and comfortable with the instrument
- Gain understanding of the science behind the assessment and report components
- Learn how to interpret results and provide feedback
- Become familiar with ethical issues involved in administration of the tool
We look forward to you joining us for a 2-day certification program designed to help you learn to use the EQ-i 2.0® effectively in your organization. Please view our certification trainings.
Our EQ-i 2.0® Trainer
Jim Kimberly, MSW, serves as the trainer for the EQ-i 2.0® and EQ-360® certification programs. Jim has administered the EQ-i 2.0® to all types of professionals and individuals since 2001 and became a Certified Training Partner with MHS in 2006. Jim brings a practical, results oriented workshop to each participant, focusing on the science behind the tool and the application in a wide variety of organizational settings.
Jim is President of Sapphire Consulting, an organizational development and consulting company based in the Northeast. Jim has worked with senior executives and their leadership teams for more than 25 years providing expert leadership consultation and training. He has worked with biotechnology, finance, manufacturing, utilities, publishers, and many other industries. >Click here to learn more about Sapphire Consulting.
Your Tuition Provides
- 2 days of Instructor led “hands-on” instruction
- Lunch will be available onsite daily
- Administration of the EQ-i 2.0® with a one hour personalized feedback and interpretation
- Certification by Multi-Health Systems in Toronto (required to purchase/use EQ-i 2.0®)
- A detailed technical manual and copy of EQ Edge, by Steven Stein and Howard Book.
- Follow-up consultation sessions with EQ-i 2.0® Certified Trainers to assist in your application of the tool.
All programs run from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Onsite Training Option
For organizations wishing to certify a number of individuals, we offer you the convenience of having us come to your location and conduct a customized certification workshop. This option can offer substantial savings in workshop fees, costs associated with travel, lodging and meals. Call us at 603-889-1099 for more details.
Our working environment is business casual. Regardless of the season, we recommend that you bring along a sweater or jacket as facility conditions and individual comfort levels can vary.
If, for any reason, you must cancel training after registration is complete (payment of fee signifies registration), Sapphire Consulting will refund the registration fee less $600 for EQ-i 2.0® for administrative/processing fees, if notification is received at least 30 days in advance of the workshop. Refunds will be made only after all materials distributed are returned without any markings prior to any refund. Remaining credit be applied for another program, but no refund will be made if notification is received within 30 days of the workshop. If we cancel the workshop, we will do so 30 days before the session and allow full refund or credit for future programs. Credits are good for one (1) year from date of course. You are responsible for food, travel and lodging expenses and arrangements. We do not reimburse for change fees due to any cancellations by either party. No shows result in 100% forfeiture of course fees.